What is more to blame for the Connecticut school shooting, guns or socioeconomic breakdown?
Hi everyone, my name is Steve Dennis and I own the blog America’s Watchtower. I was invited to become an author here and I have accepted the invitation, I look forward to the opportunity and to meeting everyone here.
For my first contribution I would like to repost an article I wrote yesterday over at my place, I hope that you all enjoy it so here goes:
First, let me express my deepest sympathy and heartfelt grief to the families and the loved ones of all those who were killed in the terrible shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut last Friday.
When trying to comprehend something as evil as what happened in Connecticut the first raw, visceral reaction is to blame the implement used to cause the destruction rather than the individual responsible for the action and predictably that is what we are seeing in this case. So if we are not going to blame the individual for his actions in cases like this, let us take a look at some of the things which may have contributed to the mindset which drives people to commit such heinous crimes. (This post is meant to be a general look at people who have committed this type of crime and not at Adam Lanza himself or this particular crime because we still don’t have enough details about this case to discern what led him to commit such a horrific act.)
With crimes like this it is easier to blame the tool instead of the person because blaming the person would be an admission that the problem is much deeper than many people care to believe it is. It is easy to claim guns are the root of the evil, it is much harder to look at the crumbling society around us and attempt to fix that problem so people naturally look at guns as the problem because they feel it is an easier way to solve the problem.
It is easier to blame the trigger than it is to blame the man who pulled it, and much more reassuring as well, because this fallacy teaches us that all is right in society and all violence would be quelled if we simply took away an instrument of destruction without even looking at the devolution of society as the true co-conspirator in these types of crimes.
These people would have us believe that if we ban guns all evil will cease to exist because guns are the true evil, but the truth is that there is evil in this world with or without guns but we are constantly being told that we are not supposed to judge a person’s actions unless we too have lived life as they have; there really is no right or wrong in today’s culture–everyone is allowed to do what feels good to them and we are not supposed to impose our morals on others– and because of this mindset this type of person is allowed to slip through the cracks and nothing is done until it is too late.
Simply put, people don’t want to believe that evil exists and quite frankly they believe it is an easier fix to focus on the weapon because nobody wants to admit that society has broken down to the point where this seems like something like this is a logical way out to some people.
(I realize I just said the same exact thing three different ways, and I apologize for repeating myself, but I can’t state that fact loudly enough!)
But as I have alluded to above, the fact is that there is a breakdown in society and that breakdown starts at the family level. The family structure is becoming a thing of the past as we are taught that we don’t need the traditional family or family values in today’s world because this is an old fashioned way of thinking. Instead we are seeing broken families and single parent households reliant on government programs which have supplanted the role of the father figure in too many cases. Too many fathers walk away from their responsibility because they know their children will be provided for and would rather not be responsible for the upbringing of a child they probably didn’t want in the first place but the truth is–in my opinion–that nothing can replace the influence of a father in a child’s life.
This, coupled with the fact that parental rights are being eroded and parents now have the threat of DSS taking their children away if the government deems they have been too strict, and children being empowered to turn their parents in for their transgressions, and we see the family unit being stripped away and the structure provided within that family replaced with a much more lenient and tolerant society which is afraid to teach the younger generation about right and wrong.
And with this increased presence in child rearing comes an increase of prescription medications our children are being put on because they supposedly suffer from ADD or they are hyperactive–things once associated with simply being a child–which now can’t be controlled by the parents for the reasons stated above. Our children’s behavior is being controlled by drugs instead of through punishment and lessons learned through the punishment. They are not learning tough life lessons, instead they are being shielded from it until it is too late to help them.
Because we live in a country where there is no right or wrong we also live in a country where there are no consequences for an individual’s actions and there is no personal responsibility because there is always someone else to blame; the person who commits a crime has been turned into some sort of victim himself, and with the knowledge that someone else is always to blame it becomes easier for a person to lose his or her sense of commitment to society.
We live in a violent society propagated by video games and Hollywood while violence is glorified on television and in music. Most people can watch and listen to this and not be adversely affected because they know the difference between entertainment and reality, but not everyone can and the gift of life is no longer held so dear as it once was and this begins with a society which not only allows the killing of the pre-born but also promotes it. (Let me clarify that comment by stating I am talking about using abortion as a form of birth control and not about cases where the mother’s life is in danger or in cases of rape.)
When you couple all of this with an economy that has been bad for many years with no signs of real improvement for some time to come and the sense of hopelessness it brings as we watch politicians on both sides of the aisle fight for what is in their best political interests rather than what is best for the country one can’t help but wonder how our priorities have become so misguided throughout the years.
The gun control advocates would now have us believe that we need to ban weapons to protect the people against the society which the government has helped to create and that is the easy and cowardly way out because it ignores the fact that the problem is much deeper and not so easily solved. I wish there were simple solutions to the problems of society but there is not…..
- Dissecting Traffic Court w/ “J” – Beating Driving w/Invalid License Ticket January 6, 2017
- SUPER CREEPY: REPTILIAN’S TRANSPARENT EYELIDS MALFUNCTION HD January 4, 2017
- FLAT EARTH 100% PROOF 20 Mile High Altitude Balloon Footage January 4, 2017
- Corporate Journalist Exposes EVIL David D Rockefeller January 4, 2017
- Jordan Maxwell: NWO Elites Use War for Satanic Blood Sacrifice January 4, 2017
- 02 14 2016 Dr Jim Willie Forcasting 2016 The Quickening January 4, 2017
- 12 26 2016 Dr Jim Willie Reviews 2016 The Satanic Cabal January 4, 2017
- David Icke 12.29.2016 Awaken Tour Wembley Arena January 4, 2017
- All Wars Are Bankers’ Wars: Timeline Breakdown January 4, 2017
- Maximum Speed Requirment 545.351 TX MOTOR VEHICLE CODE July 9, 2015
- Charles Krauthammer admits being a RINO May 30, 2015
- Garland Flood Cop Trapped 8 of Rain in One Night May 29, 2015
- Clinton’s Prison Industrial Complex Exposed May 21, 2015
- We The People Revolt May 15, 2015
- @TheFive is Scared of @AlexJones May 14, 2015
- 186,723 hits
- TRUE STORY: Gen. Stanley McChrystal told Obama "I wouldn't piss on your grave"
- Maximum Speed Requirment 545.351 TX MOTOR VEHICLE CODE
- ATEP (Alien Transfer Exit Program) Exposed how #Nobama lied about Illegal Deportation
- 4 Facts Obama Cant Explain Away
- Nancy Pelosi: Congress Can't Take A Pay Cut BUT You Must
- If only she had a gun...
- Finally a Doctor said "This Shooting is a Society Problem Not GUNS"
- How the Liberal Media distortes the polls of this election
- MSNBC Thrives on Hate and Scare Tactics
- Romney "Stomps" Obama in debate over substance.
- Dissecting Traffic Court w/ “J” – Beating Driving w/Invalid License Ticket youtube.com/watch?v=M_H-Rc… damdems.wordpress.com/2017/01/06/dis… 3 months ago
- SUPER CREEPY: REPTILIAN’S TRANSPARENT EYELIDS MALFUNCTION HD youtube.com/watch?v=srWO_q… damdems.wordpress.com/2017/01/04/sup… 3 months ago
- FLAT EARTH 100% PROOF 20 Mile High Altitude Balloon Footage youtube.com/watch?v=8ZUfC8… damdems.wordpress.com/2017/01/04/fla… 3 months ago
- Corporate Journalist Exposes EVIL David D Rockefeller youtube.com/watch?v=x2VFq4… damdems.wordpress.com/2017/01/04/cor… 3 months ago
- Jordan Maxwell: NWO Elites Use War for Satanic Blood Sacrifice youtube.com/watch?v=fmUd2e… damdems.wordpress.com/2017/01/04/jor… 3 months ago